To learn more about HIPAA visit the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services website. www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/
Last modified: July 30, 2014
HollisterStier Allergy (“Company” or “We”), a division of Jubilant Hollisterstier LLC respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy addresses only information that is or may be collected on our U.S. website – which is NOT intended to be used by non-U.S. residents.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.hsallergy.com or our ordering portal (collectively, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website; and
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number, or any other information the website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Google Analytics Service
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates who agree to keep personal information confidential
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. We require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you have applied for employment with the Company through this Website, the personal information submitted with your job application will be used to process and consider your job application. The Company will not sell the information on your application to unaffiliated third-parties for their marketing purposes. We may share the information on your applications with recruiters, consultants, attorneys, background services and our affiliates. The information on your application may also be used for certain regulatory, compliance and legal purposes, consistent with this Privacy Statement.
To the extent the personal information you provide contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; membership in a trade union or political party; physical or mental health condition; sexual life; commission (or alleged commission) of an offense or related proceedings; job evaluations or educational records, you expressly authorize the Company to handle such details for the purposes of your job application and for the other purposes described herein.
By submitting information to us online, you are sending it to the United States where it will be subject to the protections afforded under US laws that may be different from the laws in your country and which your country may consider not to provide adequate privacy protections. If you do not agree that your submission of your application information will be governed solely by United States law, the Company will not accept your application.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: 3525 North Regal St., Spokane, WA 99207
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links From our Website
Social Media Plugins
This Website may use social medial plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media websites to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.